Tell Us Why Chicago Should Host the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2016!
The Chicago 2016 Olympic bid committee needs your help! Aspiring film producer? Budding actor? Sports fanatic? Chicago lover? We want to hear from you!
Starting today through NovemberÂ 25, 2008,Â you are invited to visit www.Chicago2016.org/contest to upload your videos that tell the world why Chicago should host the Games in 2016.Â Five Finalists will be selected by a panel of judges based on a combination of popular vote and the following criteria: originality, creativity, relevance to the “Why Chicago” theme and production quality. The Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for two to Vancouver for a behind the scenes tour of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games. The Second Place winner will receiveÂ $5,000 worth of video production equipment of their choice. The winning video will be featured on Chicago 2016’s Web site and the winner will be announced on-air on the NBC 5 Today show the week of December 8.Â ForÂ the duration of the contest, videos can also be seen on NBC 5â€™s Web site and select videos may appear on the NBC 5 Today show!
Voters Can Win Too!
In addition to uploading your videos, visit the site often to vote for your favorites! One lucky voter will be chosen at random to win a trip for six to the United States Olympic Committee’s (USOC) headquarters in Colorado Springs, Colorado to see the USOCâ€™s world-class training facilities, meet Olympians and USOC staff and take a private tour of the U.S. Olympic museum.
What we’re looking for:
* Tell the story of what makes Chicago the perfect place to host the 2016 Games. Imagine someone from another country watching your video â€“ what is it about your Chicago that will make the world excited about coming to Chicago in 2016?
* Show the character of Chicago and its people to the world, in whichever way you like â€“ through fun conversations with Chicagoans, city scenes, narrated, edited, raw footage â€“ you name it! Just no nudity, swearing, or bashing of any country or ethnic culture in any way â€“ please!
* Keep it short – no more than 4-5 minutes!
Watch some of our videos here.
How to Submit:
* Enter required information on this page â€“ it’s quick, secure, and painless.
* We prefer you post your video to YouTube, because then we can make it part of our Chicago 2016 YouTube Channel, too.
Once you submit your video entry, our editors will review your clip. If everything looks OK, we will embed it and publish it on our site. It may take a day or two to get published, so please be patient. If you have any questions, please contact us.